Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 2: Just finished workout 2...

...and lived to tell the story.

Yes, it's common sense... Yes, I should already know this... But I realized tonight that if I start drinking water *before* I work out, I don't get as thirsty while I'm working out. Duhhhr.


Anyway...

A major impediment to my working out and living a healthier and more productive life in general is my constant state of fatigue. Some days are worse than others, but it's really never more than a little nuisance. But I feel like my house would be cleaner, I would be healthier, and all around happier if I just had more energy. I got a little worried that maybe I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so like any good hypochondriac I looked it up on WebMD and this is what I found.

It said that fatigue is caused by several things, but these stuck out at me:
1) Not enough sleep
I get 6-7 hours of sleep if I'm lucky, but usually need about 9 to feel completely refreshed. I've been trying to stay up later to spend time with DH and the dogs since I'm at work all day, but maybe I need to reproritize what I'm doing when I get home to get more sleep.

2) Anemia (in particular, not enough iron because I don't eat a lot of meat, beans, etc)
I don't eat meat like, at all. Ever. Maybe if I ate more lean meats and legumes in my diet, and less carby stuff like bread and pasta, I wouldn't feel like I needed a nap 24/7.

3) Caffeine overload
As of right now, I depend on caffeine for my existence. Coffee strong enough to put hair on your chest starts my morning, diet coke at some point throughout the day, chocolate for snacks... It's practically in everything I consider the center of my survival.

4) Not working out enough.
Maybe if I work out more, it will build up my endurance or something?

So... Here's what I'm going to do. For the next 29 days I'm going to only drink water except for when I go out to eat or go to a friend's house for dinner, I'm going to replace some of the carbs I eat with lean meat, and I'm going to try to get more rest at night. Maybe by the end of the 30 days I'll have more get-up-and-go?

PS... I discovered that there is an option on the 30ds DVD where you can turn off jillian's introductions. Thank GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

background